About Me

My photo
Santa Monica, California, United States

Monday, June 27, 2011

Tour Divide Wyoming and Idaho

The mandatory Aspen Alley shot. This picture, however, is from my first ride there in 2006 and going the other direction. This year, Aspen Alley didn't look quite as nice, rather raggedy, maybe suffered from a storm
Crossing the Basin. Usually this looks like the desert it normally is, but this year was so wet, it looks like prairie. Very different from the last time I biked through here.


 This and the next three pictures are for comparison from my previous ride in 2006 - a LOT more desert like. No surface water then, several creeks still flowing this year

 Also check out the difference in equipment compared to my Niner this year- this is my fully loaded touring bike in 2006 on the left, might have been 20 pounds heavier than this year's setup.

 Back to 2011: A lonely post office in Wyoming.
 I like the gentle scenery in Idaho a lot, just can't stop because of the mosquito swarms. If it hadn't been for the mosquitoes, this might have ranked among my favorite parts. Yes, even with the rail trail. Lots of people complain about it, but I thought it was just fine. 

 The Teton range from the Idaho side (so it looks opposite to most pictures, which are from the Wyoming side)

 The rail trail.
 From a distance, it looked like snow, but it was all flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment